Biankini palace, which now houses Stari Grad Museum, is situated on the western side of Hektorović's Tvrdalj. Biankini brothers erected this great palace, a neo-Renaissance house with a courtyard and a garden in 1896. Interior decorations from the period in which the palace was built have been preserved, whilst in the garden there is a century-old Himalayan cedar. Museum collections on the ground floor and upstairs tell us the tale of Stari Grad’s long history.
The Abdevnor's room tells a story about the sinking of a Roman merchant ship that sailed from North Africa to Pharia in the 4th/ 5th c. AD. It was shipwrecked on the northern coast of the island by a severe storm, where it sank into Duboka bay. Covered with a thin layer of sand, most of the cargo and wooden construction were preserved.
Hidden under the houses and streets of the historical centre of Stari Grad, numerous archaeological remains testify to the centuries of life in this area. The archaeological collection tells us about the life of ancient Pharos – from the 5th c. BC to the 6th c. AD.
The Gelineo – Bervaldi Salon invokes the times of the patrician salons from the end of 18th and the beginning of 19th c., whilst the Captain’s room from the second part of 19th c. reminds us of the time when Stari Grad was a living port with large sailing ships.
The works of art of two famous painters from Stari Grad - Juraj Plančić (1899 – 1930) and Bartol Petrić (1899 – 1974) can be seen in the permanent exhibition of the Juraj Plančić Gallery.